Pages

November 13, 2010

War of the 2011 Journals: The 2011 Giving Journal

With the Christmas season coming in near, it can only mean one thing: time to hunt for the perfect 2011 journal! I remember my journal for 2009 was the Belle-De-Jour journal which I never got to use!

I never used this!
My journal for this year was the Navi 2010. I did use this journal but not on a daily basis because it was too heavy to carry along with my laptop.


My 2010 journal
After reading Animetric's post about the 2011 Starbucks Planner, I decided to start collecting stickers for it. Unfortunately, I found Starbucks' coffee a little too expensive, especially since they do not have free Wi-Fi. Ever since I became a freelancer, I have always frequented The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. I especially love their Southern Blend iced tea because I'm not really much of a coffee drinker.


Southern Blend Iced Tea

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf's 2011 Journal


While I was waiting for Angel to get off work last Friday, it was only routine for us to meet at CBTL in Greenbelt 3. Lucky enough, I got to see their new 2011 Giving Journal which they released not too long ago.


I was really excited with this journal for many reasons:

1. It looks a bit like my old planner.
2. Unlike the Belle-Du-Jour planner, it does not correlate to just a specific gender.


3. I can actually collect the stickers!
4. An order of regular or large Southern Blend = 1 sticker!
5. It's centered around the concept of Giving Back.


When I was able to see the journal, I instantaneously gave up my Starbucks' sticker collection and gave it to Angel. I really like CBTL's journal because I don't have to waste money in coffee that I don't really drink just so I could get the journal. With them, the journal is really just their present to me for being a loyal customer! ^,^


I found the right journal for me! Have you?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't decided yet! I'm leaning towards BDJ since I like the layout per week.

    Hmmm I went to a CBTL branch lately and I didn't see this planner. I'll take a look at it.:D thanks for sharing this.

    Btw, I saw a very funny planner: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=44927&id=138551186159717

    ReplyDelete
  2. smarla, i like this page:

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=170697772945058&set=a.170697549611747.44927.138551186159717&pid=617506&id=138551186159717

    haha. but i'm sure it's just another planner i won't use :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. uhmm, i would just like to ask how much a regular sized drink costs at cbtl? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @coffee bean: please change the URL to http://aveclamourtrixie.blogspot.com/. I am deleting this blog. thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the drink i usually order, Southern Blend, costs P90 something. (regular size). but last time I was there, I paid P100-P110 range for the drink. Their iced coffee/frappes are around the same price as Starbucks, P120-160. ^,^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I myself have always favored the CBTL planner. I also got the Starbucks planner last year but was not able to use it. CBTL's notebook/planner last year had been my constant companion for the whole year. Also loved that it came with a monthly voucher that I got to used and really was worth it.

    Can't wait to get my hands on the new CBTL planner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the CBTL notebook (and the freebies that came along with it) last year. I got 2 :)

    For the 2011 planner, 24 stamps is sort of a lot to collect though. But I'll try my best. It really isn't just about the journal because as they say, Taste matters :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. CBTL:
    1. Planner, awesome!
    2. Cakes and pastries, yummy!
    3. Coffee and IBCs, to-die-for!
    4. Free Wifi, yehbah!
    5. Service? Uhm, terribly slow. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...