Pages

November 18, 2010

The Battle Between Foursquare and Gowalla

Who doesn't know what Foursquare is? Like many people I know, I'm a huge fan of it too. The only problem I have with it is that I use my iTouch to access it. And like the same problem I had with Flurv/Skout, it keeps registering my location as Hong Kong. It gets tiring already since I have to create the location from scratch every time I check into a new venue. That's why my Foursquare has become inactive for several months already.



Recently though, I was able to discover a new app that allowed me to check in through my BlackBerry. I simply downloaded Gowalla, registered, and I'm already able to check in no matter where I am. The best thing I like about it is that it is definitely accurate! I no longer have to create a new spot since you can easily scroll down the list.

Although Gowalla is a clear imitation of Foursquare, this is one scenario that I can attest to. I prefer using Gowalla on my BlackBerry. Even if I use Foursquare on my BlackBerry, it still produces a lot of errors. It won't even let me check in.


So for now, I'll be in Gowalla. Maybe when I get to buy the new iTouch 4G 64gb, I'll be able to use Foursquare to its full capacity. But until then, that will have to wait.

2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing a lot about Foursquare and Im getting intrigued. :) I only learned of Gowalla today from you :) Since then I've been reading Foursquare vs Gowalla articles online

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe. I know Foursquare is older and the original one. But I keep having trouble checking in to places. Gowalla is better since I can check in with no problem. I just hope people will get to know Gowalla na rin so we could start a Filipino community. Almost everyone is in Foursquare na kasi. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...