Pages

November 8, 2010

SPARK is Online

After a few months with SPARK Magazine, they were finally able to release their maiden issue last September. I was able to get my complimentary copy and was looking forward to seeing my articles posted on their blog. (I was their blogger).

A few days ago, I got an email from them announcing the launch of their blog. Of course, I had already been aware of it since I check the website everyday! To share with everyone, here are the photos I took for SPARK features and such.

Super model Jo-Anne Bitagcol
I took a picture of Jo-Anne Bitagcol and the contents of her Balenciaga bag as a feature of the mag's "What's In Your Bag?" Read the article.

Jo-Anne Bitagcol's Balenciaga bag

One of the best things I got out of SPARK was that I discovered I had the talent to take beautiful pictures. Armed with my dad's Sony a380 camera, I played around with the gradient lighting and fixed the settings through what I felt was good. I do have basic knowledge in photography so I used this to "intelligently" tinker around with the settings of the camera. 

With the many shoots I have done for SPARK, the shoot with Bea Valdez for the "Behind the Scenes of Our Cover Story" was one of my favorites. We worked from 10am until 8pm and it was worth it! I ended the day with hundreds of raw images waiting to be criticized. This was perhaps the first that I shot with a real model, as I was taking pictures of food and inanimate objects in the past. Read Article.

Polaroids taken by Jan Michellardi

Taking a photo of Bea with the photographer, Jan

Another set of Polaroid shots by Jan

I remember my editor, Carla Sibal, loved this shot!


Bea, gorgeous as ever, on the 7th wardrobe change of the day
And who could forget the delicious feature I covered for Cafe 1771? Not only was the food so delicious, I was also able to take loads of photos here! Too bad SPARK only uploaded a few of them. READ ARTICLE.

Cafe 1771
I'm looking forward for the next batch of articles SPARK posts under my name. I'm especially eager to see the features I wrote on Fat Michael's Place, L'Incontro, Manila Collective, MINI, and The Room Upstairs. These were the articles which I also took beautiful photos of! 

Aside from that, I look forward to the next photo shoot I take (not necessarily with SPARK). Keep posted on SPARK Magazine by following their blog! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...