Pages

November 8, 2010

Makati Residents: Beware! Snatcher on the Loose

Wow.

This just in. A stranger stole my friend's laptop while she was walking home in Legaspi Park, Makati City. Her house is just 1-2 minutes away from the area and some guy suddenly snatched her laptop from her. I know I'm being stupid because there are really thieves everywhere but I did not expect there would be any in Makati City.. Let alone the CBD area! Wow! Where are our policemen? Ever since Vice President Jejomar Binay turned over his post as the Mayor of the city to his very own son (yes, his own son), things have been getting out of hand.

When VP was still the Mayor, there were no workers allowed to work on the streets of the city during office hours. I remember going home in the wee hours of the morning and they were hard at work. What's more is that they end each shift by setting aside their things and making sure that everything has been returned the way they started. Now, they leave the streets cluttered with their tools and do not even bother to finish the work they started on time. What has happened to Makati???

And wow, I was planning to transfer to Makati sometime next year. This is a HUGE disappointment since, like my friend, I am fond of walking in the streets of Makati. We have long trusted that the CBD area is safe and is being patrolled by Makati cops. Last time, I heard that there was a mugging incident in the Paseo-Ayala underpass in mid-noon yet no one did anything! It was the middle of the busy day and knowing this, I'm sure there were a lot of people in the area.

What has happened to the city I have long admired? Is this still the neighborhood I choose to live in? How can we be assured we are safe if they [Makati officials] can't even keep their residents safe? They can't even patrol the CBD streets!

My heart goes out to my friend. Good thing she was not hurt. But it looks like the thief followed her from Greenbelt, as she left work. As she told me, the thief was waiting for someone in Legaspi Park, with his motorcycle running and a helmet on his head. When she came near, he yanked her bag away.

CBD. Central Business District. W-O-W!

my friends and I with Mayor Vice President Jejomar Binay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...