Pages

November 22, 2010

Bob's Makati: Opens Closer To Where All The Action Is

Since 1965, indeed
Just when I thought I'll be having trouble getting to Paseo de Magallanes, Bob's Manila decides to open a branch in Dela Rosa St. corner Gil St.! Now, I can just head on over to Bob's Makati whenever I feel like eating my favorite dish from home-- Sate Babi.

The new branch is bigger and has a reminiscent of the original Bob's Lacson. When I first entered, the new establishment reminded me of 21 Bar and Restaurant, back when it was still Bar 21.

second floor seating
bright lights overhead
The original menu printed as a table mat
You can see prices as low as P1.40 for a cheeseburger!
This new branch, filled with brighter lights, second floor capacity, and more cake choices has invaded the CBD! Just a few blocks from the busiest streets of the metro, Bob's is located at Dela Rosa St. corner Gil St. For those who don't know where that is, it's very near The Enterprise Tower and a block from Paseo de Roxas.
Bob's Makati
Dela Rosa corner Gil St.
When you're in Bob's, make sure you order Sate Babi (pronounced Sa-te Ba-bi). It's grilled pork barbecue slathered with peanut satay sauce who's recipe has been in the family for decades! I even attempted to make the sauce on my own and failed. It was close--but Bob's was definitely better!
Sate Babi
Sate Babi
Sate Babi
Other choices you should not miss include their Baby Back Ribs, Bob's Burger, and Tenderloin Steak. My sister ordered the half tenderloin steak and this is what she came up with.

Tenderloin Steak (half)
Even though we were on a diet, we simply could not resist the tempting cakes on display. For dessert, we decided to split a Moist Chocolate Cake, which only costed P60. The only comment I had with the cake was it was a bit dry. Or maybe I'm just used to the cake which I order from another establishment. ^,^
Moist Chocolate Cake
Moist Chocolate Cake
Don't forget to order their famous Fruit Punch!

Now, Makati residents can have their business lunches and meetings in Bob's! Great job to the Magalonas!

For more pictures of Bob's Makati, check out my online album in LifeCapturedByTrixie.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...