Pages

September 30, 2010

No Makati For Me Yet, What I Realized After An Emergency

I have long hated living in Paranaque. Not only am I far from my friends, I do not have the luxury to come and go as I please. This is why I am looking forward to my plans of moving out in March 2011, the month of Bubot's wedding.

Last Thursday, I even met up with my 3 best friends and we talked about how much I wanted to move out already. We had dinner at Nanbantei before heading to Manila Peninsula hotel for chocolate fondue. We kept talking about my plans to move out and live in Makati, what we should do [exercise].  So imagine my surprise when just a few hours later, I got a wake up call that really woke me up [literally and figuratively].

3:10am. I received a call from my dad asking me to take him to the hospital because he wasn't feeling well. With just a couple of hours of sleep, I was a bit shocked about this but it did not stop me from waking Bubot. We both rushed dad to the Emergency Room of Paranaque Doctors' Hospital. He was experiencing vertigo and his blood sugar and cholesterol level shoot up to high amounts. Of course, this gave us quite a scare since he has been diabetic for over 10 years already.

A couple of hours later, we were allowed to take him home so he could rest. I sent updates to Kuya Nikki and informed him what was going on.

This got me thinking though. If I moved to Makati, who will be there for my dad when another emergency like this happens? A single second can already have a huge impact on his life, especially on an emergency.

So now, despite me hating Paranaque so much, I am staying.

Family matters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...