Pages

September 28, 2010

Recipe #6: Crusted Dory with Mushroom Tomato Ravioli Filled with Cream Cheese and Spinach

After a few months of being traumatized of cooking (after my disappointing stay in culinary school), I finally got the nerve to cook new dishes again. Lately, I have been experimenting and whipping up some dishes on my own--some I have learned from school. I was unable to cook for a few months since it felt like every dish I prepared was under/over cooked. My recent dishes have been cooked right. ^,^

For tonight, I cooked Crusted Dory with Mushroom Tomato Ravioli Filled with Cream Cheese and Spinach



Recipe:
1/2 kilo Dory, cut into quarters
10 sheets Lasagna, cooked according to instructions
200 grams Spinach, blanched
1/4 cup Cream Cheese
1 pack Tomato Sauce
1 small can sliced Mushrooms
1/2 cup Flour, mixed with salt and pepper
2 small Garlic, minced
1 small Onion, minced
Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Prepare ahead: a container of the flour, pepper and salt. Make sure it has a tight lid.

Once you have cooked lasagna, cut them into squares. Put blanched spinach in the middle, being careful not to crowd the lasagna sheets with the filling. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of cream cheese on top of spinach just so it won't escape the pocket. Fry for a few seconds and drain on paper towel.

In a separate pan, saute garlic and onion in oil. Add mushrooms and the tomato sauce. Place black pepper and salt into the sauce, testing for the preferred taste. Let the mixture boil.

Cover dory with flour-pepper-salt mixture. Place lid on top and gently shake to mix. Remove from container and fry in a shallow pan of oil. Flip on to the other side after a minute of cooking. After another minute, flip back to its previous side before transferring to a plate lined with paper towel.

Prepare the ravioli on the serving dish. Pour the tomato-mushroom sauce on top of it. Place dory on the side and top the middle with parsley (optional). Serve.

I hope I inspire some of you to try this dish. If you did, let me know what you think!

Enjoy!  ^,^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...