Pages

September 22, 2010

My 15 Seconds of Fame Starts Here

Today, I was finally able to get my complimentary copy of SPARK magazine from the office. For those who already know, I was the Web Marketing Manager of SPARK for the past 4 months. I was in charge of writing the blog posts for every month as well as supplying images. Recently though, I resigned from this post as I wanted to explore my world more. It was because of SPARK that I was able to discover I had a talent for photography. Because of this, I am forever indebted to the people behind the magazine as they have motivated me to continue this craft. 

But unfortunately, I had to let go of the position so I could get to travel more and to achieve my life goals. Despite the fact that it (working for a magazine) has always been my lifelong dream job, I knew it was time to let go and move on. I have always been having trouble getting into the magazine industry as I am not a graduate of this field. But my heart has [and always will be] been in it. Even today, I am still going to continue this but as a contributor. 

Despite my goodbyes though, I was very happy that I was able to work with such an esteemed magazine. Not only was I under the supervision of one of the country's most deified EICs and personalities, I was also able to get a chance to showcase myself. Having the opportunity to work with them was really the highlight of my year, if not, my entire life. I look forward to working with them again sometime in the future. 

Because this is the very first time I had my name on a magazine, I could not help but feel proud of it. Maybe on the second time this happens to me, it won't feel like this but I cannot help myself as it is really the first time I was able to get included in a magazine. Instead of having a camwhore moment, I took pictures of my name. 

I have to warn you though, the magazine only contains 3 of the photos that I took. The rest of my work are still set to be posted on the blog of SPARK, which will be sometime this month. If you are planning to buy a copy of the mag to see my work, then I strongly advise that you wait for the blog instead. But if you are thinking of getting a copy because it is an interesting magazine, then by all means GO! 

Please stay tuned and wait for the release of sparkazine, the digital platform of SPARK magazine. In it, you will be able to see really amazing photos that I was able to take as well as the 120 articles that I have written. 

But for now, please enjoy these pages I have contributed to the first issue of SPARK Magazine:



SPARK Magazine is now available in leading bookstores for only P199! That's quite a buy for 200 pages full of beautiful, creative photos and good reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...