Pages

September 6, 2010

Recipe #2: Black Sambo

No matter how much I try to fight it away, there's no denying Christmas is just around the corner. And for this reason, bit by bit, my Scrooge-ness is trying to cave in and getting tempted to get presents to everyone that matters most to me. But since I will be going against myself if I do that, I decided to make them food instead.

I asked my aunts if they wanted to get cookies or Black Sambo from me. So when they answered me "What's Black Sambo," I was shocked. This dessert dish is actually pretty popular back home. For this reason, I decided to make them Black Sambo and sharing the recipe with everyone as well.








image borrowed from http://pigarotti.multiply.com


First of all, what is Black Sambo?

Black Sambo is a dessert which is composed of two gelatin layers and covered with chocolate syrup. The bottom layer is made with cocoa while the top is made with cream.

Recipe:

Bottom Layer:
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Cocoa
Sugar to taste

Gelatin Sachet
1 Cup Water
1 Can Evaporated Milk
1/2 Cup Sugar

1. Mix water and cocoa and bring it to a boil. Add sugar, depending on how sweet you want it to be.
2. Cook gelatin in 1 cup water. When it comes to a boil, add in 1 can evaporated milk, 1/2 cup sugar and the cocoa.
3. Let cool for a few minutes before you transfer to gelatin mold.

Top Layer:
Gelatin Sachet
1 Cup Water
1 Can Cream
1 Can Condensed Milk

1. Cook gelatin in 1 cup water. When it comes to a boil, add in the cream and the condensed milk. Stir well.
2. Let cool before you top on the previous gelatin once the cocoa gelatin layer has set.
3. Allow to cool.

Once it has cooled, add in chocolate syrup on top and refrigerate. Enjoy the dish once it is already cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...