Pages

July 18, 2010

Travel: What Do You Wear at the Airport?

Last month, I was gearing up to go to Boracay with my college friends. Our trip was on June 4-6 but I booked a flight for Bacolod so I could go with them to the island. While I was waiting for my 4am Philippine Airlines flight for Bacolod, I wrote something that I was planning to blog. I never got to doing it though since I was so busy. Here it is:


Sitting patiently and drinking my steaming cup of hot chocolate, I wait for my plane. I am on my way to the City of Smiles but will only be there around 30 minutes. My college friends (Jesna, Jen, and Hannah B.) and I have planned to go on a mini-reunion in Boracay. We’ve been planning the big trip since a month ago and I can’t believe I’m finally here at the airport, an hour away from boarding time. It also signifies the beginning of my vacation.


Looking back to 8 months ago, I also had a similar flight with a certain someone. We were waiting in the same spot for our plane to arrive and go to the same city. That trip should have been something that we never took. I wonder what would happen now if we never got on that plane…

Although I have had my fair share of plane rides, there is simply something that ignites my curiosity. I have long noticed that people in terminals love to dress up while waiting for their flight. At the same time, I always end up looking drag for my flight.

While there are people who wear red trench coats made out of wool (on a hot Manila summer day) or suede stiletto boots, I look down and find myself wearing something comfortable: a pair of turquoise Havaianas, shorts, a shirt and jacket.

For this, I ask: what do you wear when waiting to go on a big trip? Should you go all fancy or choose to be comfortable? Do tell, I’m all ears.

3 comments:

  1. Ditto on wearing comfy clothing on plane trips (or anywhere for that matter!) Has to be a light sweater and pants for me- can't do shorts as I'm too lamigin, and most domestic flights don't offer blankets on board. But hey, comfy can be (has to be) stylish too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey tin! Yup. I often make the mistake of wearing shorts to planes that I end up getting cold. I keep telling myself not to wear shorts on a plane but I keep forgetting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear comfy clothes. Shorts/tshirt/sundress to boracay. Drawstring pants/tshirt to Canada/ US. And no make up haha
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...