Pages

July 20, 2010

A Small Gesture Some Take For Granted

Last night, I came from a 10 hours photo shoot for SPARK Magazine. I was tasked to take behind-the-scenes footage of what was going on for the cover shoot of the magazine. It was very tiring yet fun. And I was very pleased to see that Bea Valdez and her family were so accommodating to us despite our small group.

I can't show photos of the shoot here as they are for the magazine. I will share with you guys what happened at the last part of the shoot though. And the reason why I share this is because there are some people who take advantage of their mothers. These people usually treat their moms as if they're unimportant and nagging. But you truly won't realize what you have until it's gone.

Bea changed into 8 outfits the whole day. And despite this, she still managed to look her best and be as charming as the last wardrobe. I was very fond of her as she is so pretty, fun, and friendly. Ever so often, she would look back to us and ask if we were okay. Same goes for her mom.

At the end of the shoot, her mom came up to her and kissed her on the forehead as if to say "great job!" That small move made my heart flutter and I had to hold back a tear.

I wondered if my mom were still alive, would she also come up to me, kiss my forehead and tell me that I'm doing a great job? It's been almost 13 years since I lost my mom. And every now and then, there are times that I would feel her presence even though she isn't really there. She always reminds me that she is still with me through simple signs that only I can tell.

Like in the Valdez's house, when I was alone this afternoon, I smelled her usual scent: white flowers. And when I looked around, it was such a coincidence to find those flowers right beside me. To add the small gesture that Mrs. Valdez showed to her daughter made me remember my mom.



And then I smile as Mrs. Valdez comes up to each of us (SPARK team) and gives us a pat on the shoulder and says: "good job!"

I miss my mom. =,(
This is the only photo I have of us here in Manila. The rest are in Bacolod.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...