Pages

July 21, 2010

July 20, 2010: A Hair-y Discussion

Yesterday, I was in a sudden urge to get my hair cut. But I was deciding if I should get it done by Mr. Shin (Beautybrick), Billy (Univers Kaizen) or by Nelson (Tony & Guy). Billy has long been my hairstylist until I met Mr. Shin, who Angel totally supports. Nelson, on the other hand, was the cover shoot’s hairstylist that I met. I wanted to try out his power on my hair. At the same time, I was also debating not to get my hair cut. So I decided to forget about it for the meantime.

Haircut with Mr. Shin, Nov. 2009 (me, Mr. Shin, Angel)

I was scheduled for an interview with Stefan Wilczynski of Basement Salon for SPARK Magazine in the evening so I headed there via MRT. If you ask me, I’m fond of using the MRT since it reminds me so much of the trains of Hong Kong and Bangkok. And I was so fascinated by those transportation options that every time I ride in our own, I still feel like I am in another country.

MTR Ride in Hong Kong

The only thing that bothers me with our MRT is the fact that people don’t have discipline. I mean, come on! I know everyone wants to get inside a tram the soonest time possible but can you at least wait until people have stepped out? Plus, look around you. You can’t act all “siga” /tough and cut in front of other people who are lining to step inside the train. This, I think, is one of the biggest flaws of our country. I’m sure if we (Filipinos) follow rules like in Thailand, I’m sure our system would be orderly!


Angel, Me, Sam on our way back to Siam, Bangkok MRT

So anyway, when I got to EDSA Shangri La, I was an hour early. I decided to get coffee and gather my thoughts on what the interview will be. When it was time for the interview, I arrived in Basement Salon and talked with Stefan. He was very accommodating and interesting to talk to. I learned a lot of tips from him. But of course, those tips will be featured in the blog of SPARK.

Towards the end of the interview, I got a little surprise. The surprise was so good that I wanted to hug him and burst into tears. It’s really something unexpected and I was so honored for even just hearing about it. I know I’ve long had a problem with this and here he was—the remedy within arm’s reach. [The surprise will be revealed on Thursday’s post!]

After the interview, I rushed back to Makati, ate dinner by myself at Pepper Lunch. If you ask anyone, they will tell you that I am such a big Pepper Lunch fan. There are times that I would just pass by the store in Greenbelt 5 and would have a sudden craving for Beef Pepper Rice simply because I smelled it by passing.

Tonight though, I wanted something else.

I tried their Combo Cut Steak & Hamburger. I didn’t like it. = ( It’s best I stick with my favorite: Beef Pepper Rice!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...