Pages

July 25, 2011

Tagaytay Getaway: Marcia Adams

Day 126

An aunt/blogger friend, whom I refer to as Tita D, invited us to go try out a restaurant in Tagaytay. By us, I mean our set of food blogger friends. Unfortunately, it was only Smarla and I who were able to attend the little getaway she planned for us.

Our meeting place was at Starbucks, Greenbelt 1. It was a Saturday that I left my work behind and decided to bring my camera instead. The good part was that the travel to Tagaytay did not burden us. We were in Marcia Adams in just an hour.

While we were still making plans for our little getaway, I already knew we were going to eat at Marcia Adams. But I did not have an idea what the theme of the restaurant was. So I decided to check out other food blogs: Our Awesome Planet, Trip or Treats, and of course Between Bites. When I found out about the theme of the restaurant, I was instantly excited for my visit.

I have long been a fan of quaint cafes and restaurants that pay attention to their furniture, theme and setup. Just like my articles for Sparkazine on Fat Michael's PlaceThe Room Upstairs, and Cafe 1771; plus Mary Grace for my own blog, I truly appreciate these establishments. It reminds me of a time when I frequented a place in my hometown which made me truly feel at home. Knowing this about Marcia Adams, I decided to trade in my laptop for my camera.

Entering the restaurant, this is what you will find:

Smarla walking outside the restaurant
Parking Area for Marcia Adams
There wasn't a sign for the name of the restaurant so I think it's important to look out for this parking area setup. 

The restaurant
It's a short walk from the entrance with an incline. For those who can't walk this far, they have a car drop off area on the other side.

We made a reservation and they placed us on the table right across the entrance. To my right, this was the view.

Entrance
Looking straight ahead and this is what I saw: 

The balcony
Beyond the balcony
And of course, the wine selections were simply divine...

Wine
 A quaint little corner for lovebirds....
Seats
The Chandeliers
I especially liked their restroom! It was clean and had a great amount of character into it-- so beautiful! 

The restroom was simply divine!
The restroom
 Upon arrival, we were handed the menu.

The Menu
Farmhouse Style Bread, Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar

You get to choose an appetizer, main course and dessert for a set price-- which was really good because it just made everything sound more delicious! 

The Appetizer

As an appetizer, we all decided to be healthy and get the Aegean Salad.

Aegean Salad
Aegean Salad
The salad was a mix of fresh greens, grilled Italian Ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, roasted pistachios in a herby, tangy dressing. It was also topped with a grilled slice of pear-- which was so wonderful. It completed everything! I love how it tastes so fresh and clean. I think I'll go back to Tagaytay just for this!

The Main Course

Since it was still a Saturday, I decided not to get the lamb or the pork. I'm following my own diet of not eating red meat during Mondays-Saturdays. Sunday is my only cheat day so I stayed true to it during this trip. I ordered the Fish Souvlaki

Fish Souvlaki,
Marcia Adams (P700)
Fish Souvlaki
Marcia Adams (P700)
Fish Souvlaki was an order of their "catch of the day." Chunks of marlin was marinated in olive oil, herbs and lemon and put in skewers. Instead of rice, I decided to get couscous. The last time I had it was when I was still in culinary school.

Moroccan Fish Stew
Marcia Adams (P755)
Tita D's order was the Moroccan Fish Stew, another order of fish marinated with harissa and preserved lemons. She also got couscous instead of rice.

Here's Smarla taking a picture of her order
Grilled Aromatic Pork
Marcia Adams (P700)
Since Tita D mentioned that the Grilled Aromatic Pork was one of the restaurant's best sellers, Smarla decided to get it. I was shocked when her order arrived because it was a really big slice of pork. Despite Smarla's size, I have trouble keeping up with the amount of food she eats! The girl can eat a lot and not gain any fat! I envy her for it. :( 

The Dessert

For dessert, Tita D and I got the Banana Split with Chocolate Ice Cream

Banana Split with Chocolate Ice Cream 
Banana Split with Chocolate Ice Cream
It was literally banana split into two halves-- the skin was even on the plate! The ice cream was so rich and delicious! 

Meanwhile, Smarla got the Fried Bananas with Dark Chocolate Dip

Fried Bananas with Dark Chocolate Dip

Fried Bananas with Dark Chocolate Dip
The Fried Bananas with Dark Chocolate Dip looked like Churros con Tsokolate! I'm so excited to make this dish next time! :) 

Time for the bill... 
What I love about Marcia Adams is the atmosphere of the restaurant, the stellar food, and the friendly host. I loved the fact that it was really home cooked and you had time to converse with your friends. If you're in a hurry, Marcia Adams is not the place for you. You really need to be patient and enjoy everything because the food is really worth the wait! I can't wait to go here with my dad and sister!

Marcia Adams' is located along the border of Tagaytay and Alfonso, Cavite across Ville Sommet.
To go to Marcia's, just drive all the way to Tagaytay and turn right at the Tagaytay Rotonda.
Go all the way to Alfonso, Cavite. You will pass by the restaurants along the Ridge, the Mendez intersection, and the turn to Antonio's.
You turn right when you see the Tagaytay Arch with Pineapples, and Residence Inn on your left. You should see a sign leading to Ville Sommet. You will see the entrance of Tuscany on your left.
Directions from OAP blog.

For reservations, text 0917-801-1456.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...