Pages

July 18, 2011

The Sexy Chef Delivers!

Ever since I moved to live on my own, I have always been battling with what I should eat everyday. More often than not, I end up having a fast food company deliver food to my condo because I am too lazy to prepare, cook and wash dishes. If you're dealing with more than 10 articles per day, every single minute matters. This is why I prefer to have food delivered to me instead of cooking it on my own.

Don't get me wrong-- I do know how to cook. If you've been following my blog for the past few months, you'd see some of my own recipes that I shared here. Also, you already know that I'm a Culinary Arts School dropout. I quit because I was very depressed that time-- different story!

Anyway yes, I know how to cook but I'm just lazy that I still have so much work to do afterwards. I've even considered hiring a stay out help to prepare my food and even help out in cleaning my condo. But because I do not want to rely on someone's help while I still can, I choose not to do this. So yes, I have to deal with a constant struggle of deciding what to eat, which fast food to deliver my food, or if I should cook (by some miracle).

I've already been living alone for 5 months and the experience has been overwhelming-- at times positive, sometimes depressing. But it's part of life, I know. Throughout this time, I have often had food delivered to my condo. It's probably an average of 2 times per week because sometimes I also eat in food courts (so I can save money and eat healthy). I've even organized all the flyers I have received in a single folder-- that way I can just flip through them whenever I'm in the mood to have something delivered.

The following are among the many food delivers that I like:

1. McDonald's - Fast and reliable. I really love that there's no minimum order, instead they have a delivery charge. I think everyone should have it.

2. Wendy's - I love their fried chicken! Have you tried it? It's big and juicy!!! :)


2 pieces-- 1 for lunch, 1 for dinner :)
3. Mang Inasal - When I'm in the mood to eat inasal, I order through Mang Inasal. But this is rare because the minimum delivery fee is normally perfect for 2 or more people.

4. Tapa King - I like their Tapa Flakes, that's all.

So anyway, I really like the above fast food chains. But because they often cost so much and they're unhealthy, I try to avoid them whenever I can. Ever since I started drinking L-Carnitine, I've made a conscious effort to avoid eating in fast food joints. I've even changed my eating habits. I still have to find time to go to the gym, but hey-- that's a start right?

Even before The Biggest Loser Philippines started to air, I've already checked out The Sexy Chef. I've kept myself up to date if ever there are some promos that they will offer that I could join. I really want to try Lose Big Diet but it's just so expensive and out of my budget. In no way am I able to afford the P950 daily price for food to be delivered to my doorstep. So it's really frustrating. I really want to eat healthy but why is it that healthy foods are more expensive?

When I visited The Sexy Chef's website, I found a page where they had ala carte menus. I decided to give them a try because they can deliver a minimum of 2 orders + P50 delivery charge. For 2 days, I decided to have The Sexy Chef prepare my meals.

I placed my order ahead of time through email for Friday and Saturday. But because I went to the I'm Shoe in Love Bazaar on Saturday, I had to cancel Friday evening. Thankfully, they were accommodating and allowed me to do this. I told them to schedule the delivery for Monday instead. On Friday, my order arrived on time. Their rider was even friendly.

I was only able to take a picture of my Friday menu: Spanish Meatless Meatballs (P99) and the Fish Salpicao with Garlic Mushroom (P140). Because the former had tomato sauce, I decided to eat it for lunch.

The Sexy Chef
I've never been a fan of food that had tomato sauce in it other than pasta so I decided to give them a try. I know that it was just because I did not like tomato sauce but I wouldn't order it again. If you like to eat food with tomato sauce, I would advise you to eat this. I just really made a wrong move and wanted to see if I could finally teach myself to eat this dish.

Spanish Meatless Meatballs
The Sexy Chef (P99)
For dinner, that's when I knew I had made the rice choice. I loved their Fish Salpicao! It had brown rice at the bottom and the fish was cooked perfectly-- it wasn't dry and did not have any small bones (which I hate). I especially appreciated the fact that they prepared the sauce separately. At first, I was worried that they would mix the sauce with the fish and that it would get bad by dinner time. But when I got the delivery, I was so pleased!

Fish Salpicao with Garlic Mushroom
The Sexy Chef (P140)
That day's meal costed only P289 (including delivery charge). It was far less cheaper compared to what I normally pay for deliveries from fast food joints. And yes, it was HEALTHIER. I'd definitely order again from The Sexy Chef! I'm just fixing my schedule right now because I have impromptu meetings and things to do outside the condo.


*For inquiries and orders, visit The Sexy Chef's website: thesexychef.ph. Or call 02.721.SEXY (7399).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...