Pages

May 10, 2011

From Eastwood to Mall of Asia, Fazoli’s and Archery

Now that my Japanese friend is back in Manila to pursue his dream of working in the country, I got all excited because I couldn’t wait to show him around town. As much as I loved my girlfriends, I couldn’t be with them all of the time because of different reasons: 1) no money, 2)no time, 3)both. So when I invited them last time for an impromptu trip to Fazoli’s Eastwood on a Sunday, I was so shocked that they agreed.

I don’t know what it is but I really like spending time in Eastwood. If I were given a chance, I’d love to stay there for a few months because it really feels like home. Every time I go to Eastwood, it really makes me feel like my house is just a few blocks away. So every chance I get, I take the opportunity to go to Eastwood. Unfortunately, I am only able to do this once a year.

Now that my car is back, I took this opportunity to go to a road trip to Eastwood—on a Sunday because that’s the only time of the week where there isn’t much traffic.

When we got to Fazoli’s, I was extremely excited to eat their complimentary Garlic Bread. Not that I don’t like Fazoli’s, it’s just that the food there is commercialized and nothing really special. What really attracts me to this restaurant is the memories that I had with my friends and family members eating with me there. Plus, I enjoy having the liberty to refill my cup with any drink I want.

My order... Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish it... 
Yep, that's a hungry Japanese boy's order
 After Fazoli’s, we took some time to stroll around the mall and look at the clothes being sold. This reminded me of another reason why I wanted to live in Eastwood—they allowed dogs everywhere! Now I’m missing Ponti

Ponti at 5 months old...
When we finished, I wanted to get back to Makati so I could work. But knowing that this was Sam’s last day in Manila, I couldn’t help but take advantage of it. Plus, it was a Sunday so I think my body knew I needed the rest. So I invited them to play archery with me.

So from Eastwood, we hurried to Mall of Asia so we could play in Gandiva Archery. It wasn’t my first time playing archery. In fact, it was the second. So when Ryo challenged me to the game, I was all up for it. Considering the fact that it has been a year since I last played archery, I was all up for the challenge because Sam and Ryo have never played archery.

Choosing my bow... 
I am no expert with this sport but I wish I knew how to play better. All I remember is that they will put an arm band support on your left arm so that you don’t hurt yourself and it will support the weight of the bow. On your right hand, you will be putting a small belt for your two fingers. This is for the string of the bow. Also, you will wear a belt on your waist where you will be placing your arrows for easy access.

You won't have to strike a similar pose though... 
To play, you just have to attach the arrow on the string of the bow using the head that are attached to it. You will then have to close your left eye and avoid tilting your head. Your right arm should be folded straight across your chest and your two fingers are the only ones that are holding the string. With your eye on the target, release the string and it will launch the arrow.

Sam displays how to play archery
It’s really easy to play archery. The good thing about playing at Gandiva is they charge P500 for one hour. You can split the amount and divide it into 2 people so that means it’s P250, 30 minutes per person. You also have to pay P20 for a new target sheet. If you want to learn how to play archery, you can join the class they offer for P5,000. This class consists of 10 sessions, 1 hour each. You will then be able to play archery from scratch. This is a good idea if you want to learn how to play archery really well. But if you’re just like me who wants to try it out, just go with the P500 option. For both options, all the materials are already included in the rate.

Oh, I lost to Sam and Ryo. Turns out, I need more practice. Hmph, I call it beginner’s luck. 

Archery is fun!

Gandiva Sports is located at Level 1, South Wing, SM Mall of Asia, Pasay Road. For inquiries: call (02)556.51.73.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...