Pages

May 7, 2011

Dear Makati, My City

Dear Makati, My City
by: Trixie F. Torralba

I hear you now at the break of dawn
Waking me up from a good night's yawn
Inviting me to your sweet, sweet solace
While the rest still slumbers with a quiet embrace

The break of dawn kisses my cheek
Plans for today, I still have to seek
Calling me now, to this day I must wake
Each footstep brings, a step closer to take

With billowing shadows of skyscrapers' tease
Hunching over, watching as they please
This, but a routine, a daily partake
I must cherish each moment, each word that I seek

Oh Makati, my dear dear city
'Tis but a clear and cold morning breeze
I savor each footstep I take in your CBD
It is but a good feel that you bring to me!

Alas, the morning starts hustling
And the people are coming
Dressed in black, brown, corporate and chic
This ends my day, my morning's retreat




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...