Pages

May 19, 2011

EatsTrixie!'s 5 Things to do to Battle Pinoy Summer Heat

You know the heat is so intolerable these days when you just stepped out of the shower and you're already sweating. Yes, summer. It's that hot. Since some of us can't have the luxury to escape to the beach, we've got to make do with the intense heat we're experiencing. Here are some of the things I suggest to battle the hot summer season:

1. Wear comfortable clothing
Unless you're going to a formal event, leave out the pumps and formal wear. Go for shorts and light colored tank tops where you can feel comfortable in.
Check out Sueno de Espadrilles-- they're the perfect summer shoes at only P650!

2. Go to your favorite coffee shop

In my case, it's Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf because I get to use their free Wi-Fi and plug my laptop. Also, I like Starbucks'-- especially if I'm in Rockwell area because it's so comfortable to work there. I usually order the Mocha Ice Blended from CBTL and Java Chip from Starbucks.

CBTL or Starbucks?
3. Watch a movie

Oh yes. A movie always works. You get to entertain yourself for the next couple of hours, depending on the film that your watching. Plus, you get free air conditioning!


4. Eat ice cream


You can get cheap thrills such as McDonald's Sundae or indulge in uber expensive ice cream by Haagen Dazs or Ben and Jerry's! Depending on your budget, ice cream always does the trick.

McDonald's or Haagen-Dazs?

I recently got to discover a new Korean ice cream called Ched'or when a Korean friend bought one for me. I used to eat Samanco before but now that I got to taste this new ice cream, this became my new choice.

Ched'or Berrymix
A few days ago, I went to the Korean grocery located below Makati Palace Hotel in P. Burgos St. and looked for Ched'or. I wasn't able to find the Berrymix flavor and was shocked that it came in another variety--Espresso. I decided to try it out and boy! I loved it more! This ice cream cost P56. 

Ched'or Espresso Flavor

5. Stay indoors


Well, if you don't have any money and it's too hot to even move, just stay indoors and take a bath. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...