Pages

May 5, 2011

Trying Out Focaccia's Rolled Pizza

Last week, I came home from my dad's province with a sore body and a flu. That's why I decided to eat a lot of vegetables to help boost my nutrition. There was one day I wanted to eat rolled pizza--much like Yellow Cab's Dear Darla pizza, which I absolutely love. So when I found that Focaccia- Slice of Italy had their own set of rolled pizzas, I was so excited to try it. I didn't want to order from Yellow Cab because (1) I was going to eat it by myself. I can't finish Yellow Cab's serving, (2) I didn't want to wait for delivery, and (3) I was already in A Venue so I might as well just order to take out the dish.


I ordered the Tartufo al Funghi (mini) to take out because I wanted to go home before dark. Plus I was going to eat it on my own so I just had the mini. I wish it came in a smaller option still but it was already acceptable for the price (P299). What I really liked about Focaccia was that they offered different toppings and flavors for their rolled pizzas. Unlike Yellow Cab, which only offers Dear Darla.

Their cute wall!
While waiting for my order, they served me complimentary Focaccia bread along with Balsamic Vinegar mixed with Olive Oil (ala Italianni's). I didn't like the bread though because it was too dry for me. So instead of munching on it, I just had a glass of cold water to quench my thirst. Luckily, my order arrived in just 10 minutes.

Complimentary Focaccia bread
When I got home, I was eager to eat my dinner. I didn't like that it was stored in a plastic container because the pizza didn't retain its shape. I was sad to discover that they didn't have the chili oil that usually came with the Dear Darla.
Tartufo al Funghi, Focaccia
P299
Also, the crust was a bit soggy from the oil. I think this is because it was stored in plastic so the excess oil was absorbed by the crust.

What it looks like when rolled

Overall, I found it okay. I'd eat there again but maybe not take out anymore. Well, I'm excited to try their pasta and gelato.. There's always next time! After all, it's just in my neighborhood! ^,^

Focaccia: Slice of Italy is located at the Ground Floor of A. Venue Mall, Makati Avenue, Makati City. For inquiry or reservation, call them at +6327299403.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...