Pages

August 15, 2010

What Are You Blogging For?

I came across one of my favorite bloggers' (Boy Kuripot) new contests that asked why I am blogging. This inspired me to join the contest since he was giving away a free scholarship to Maven Secrets.

This is not really my first blog. I have tried numerous times to maintain a blog but kept changing it. Last month, I even had http://thegypsywrites.com/ but I decided to let it go since I don't have a specific niche that would really attract people to read my entries. Also, I was having trouble with the RSS feed so I decided to create a new blog, thus Ms. Single & the City was born.

To be honest, the reason why I am blogging is so I could preserve my memories--my thoughts. If you ask anyone around me, they will tell you that I am very forgetful. There are certain things about my past that I have already forgotten and it feels like I imagined them. Sometimes, someone would come up to me and tell me that we were very close in college. But I cannot remember them. I feel terrible about it but there must be something wrong with my brain.

I cannot remember anything minor prior to the time my family and I moved to Manila. Growing up in Bacolod, life was very simple. You either know people or you don't. That was it. But now that I am in Manila (since 2007), I feel like I have lost a part of me. I look back and think "that wasn't me" or "what the hell was I thinking?" But there are also times when I really can't remember anything.

With blogging, I am able to look back on the past and read my posts to help bring back memories. I write when my memories are still fresh which is why I am able to capture what I really want to say.

I feel like one day, when I am old and my words have failed me, I can browse my blog and I will be able to remember facets about my life. When that time comes, I won't be the writer or the blogger. I'll simply be reading the entries of someone who I used to be. ^,^

Sunset Voyage



One of my (very) few pieces of art

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...