Pages

August 29, 2010

Of Jewels and Ex-Boyfriends

Being a woman, I know that diamonds are considered as a girl's best friend. Even if this does not (yet?) apply to me, I know a handful women out there who love getting jewelry from their partners. But what happens when you break up? Do you return the jewelry or do you keep it?

An ex gave me a necklace with a heart pendant for my birthday in 2006. A few months later, we broke up badly and didn't speak to each other until last year. Even though I had returned everything to him (our pictures, his basketball jersey, and other memorabilia), the necklace was something I held on to. I don't know why I did that because:

a. I'm not a fan of jewelry
b. I'm not even sure if the necklace was worth anything.

But there, I left it at home when I moved to Manila 3 years ago since I was in a relationship with someone else. When we started talking again, I returned home and took the necklace with me. (Yes, it is currently here with me.) Occasionally, I wear the necklace since it has a heart pendant and a silver chain. I wear it on special and formal occasions.

The reason why I'm talking about jewelry and my ex is because I came across a website where you can sell the jewelry your ex-boyfriend gave you, providing of course, it has some value. The website, called ExBoyfriendJewelry, advertises your jewelry along with a few pictures and (get this) a description of why you are selling it.

Image from ExBoyfriendJewelry


Now I know I told you guys that I first left the necklace at home, right? That's because I couldn't stand seeing it. Every time I do, it brings up memories of what COULD HAVE BEEN and what did happen between us. It hurt so much that I wanted to throw it away. But I held on to it.

For women out there who have been given jewelry by their ex-boyfriends and do not want to look at it anymore, visit the website and you can sell them as well as share why you want to get rid of it.

Sadly though, I have never received jewelry after that ex-boyfriend. All I got from the recent "relationship" was headache, heartache, and a drained bank account. lol! 

Image borrowed from Desmond-T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...