Pages

August 24, 2010

My DELISH Experience

Last Sunday, August 22, I was lucky to be invited by Michelle (Mrs. Martinez) to be part of Delish Restaurant's Blogger Night. Coming from a 7-hour workshop at Makati, I made my way to Teacher's Village, Quezon City just to join the event. Luckily, there was no traffic so I was able to arrive on time. ^,^

Mrs. Martinez and one of the owners
Michelle introduced me to the bloggers who have already arrived: Jeff/ Boy Kuripot and his girlfriend, Melody. I was also introduced to the owners of the restaurant. A few minutes later, the food started arriving... so did the rest of the bloggers: Rowena (Animetric's World), Rochelle (Hearty's Haven), Jane Chua, and Foodie Manila. That's when we all started taking pictures of the fooood!


Boy Kuripot and the Oysters
Here are some of the photos that I took of the food that I was able to taste. ^,^


Oysters: Spinach & Cheese & Garlic



Bagnet

Korean Beef Stew
The food was delicious and I especially loved the mashed potatoes served with lengua and the Asian Chicken. Being someone who eats vegetables a lot, I devoured on the Bagnet even though I knew I was allergic to the Bagoong they used. (I did not have an allergic reaction though!). The Korean Beef Stew was very soft and can be chewed easily. Plus the potatoes served as the garnish were cooked perfectly!

Butterscotch Paklava
The dessert I got to taste was the Butterscotch Paklava. I liked the meringue flavor but I think it needed more crust. Perhaps, a little more torching? I didn't think the mango went well with the meringue though. But I think that's my own preference since there were a lot who were enjoying the fruit. The meringue was very light and foamy that I felt like I was eating air. ^,^ I did like the Paklava. I just didn't put the mangoes anymore. 

Margarita
And onto MY dessert. ^,^ Margarita. The thing I like most about Delish is that they serve Buy 1 Take 1 on cocktails after 10pm! Not to mention, the prices were already reasonable. I normally don't like this type of margarita since I prefer the slushie version, but the restaurant's drink was manageable. I found that it was just right, not too strong, not too lemon-y which I think is good. ^,^

If only I didn't live in Paranaque, I would definitely stay longer! But yeah, I live on the opposite side of the metro. I will definitely return to Delish though... perhaps when I'm no longer single and seeing someone on this side of town, again... Who knows? ^,^ 

Delish Restaurant can be found at 103 Maginhawa St., Teacher's Village, Diliman, Quezon City. 



For more photos, visit: LifeCapturedbyTrixie.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...