Pages

August 21, 2010

On Ninoy Aquino's 27th Death Anniversary...

It's August 21 and already, I've received about 5 or more notifications that someone has died this month alone. Although a huge percentage of those people are not really individuals I know, there is still something about August that makes these deaths weird.

Just today, my dad told me that his former boss, Mr. Marcos, has passed away. A couple of weeks ago, we visited him in Makati Medical Center while he was having his chemotherapy. Although that was the first and last time I met him, I couldn't help but feel sad. In addition, when I opened my Facebook account, I got news that my cousin's grandfather just died. Again, he was someone I've never met before. But it still made things feel weirder, with all these deaths.

I can't wait for August to end. It seems like this is not a good month for me (emotionally and financially). Things have been crazy and weird. I've been a victim to losing someone and it's really hard getting through it. For those who just lost a mother, father, daughter, son, grandparent, friend, boss, and spouse this month alone, I send out my condolences. Death is definitely something nobody would want, but it's the circle of life. People who have been left behind really need to stay strong. Life won't be any better soon but it will be. God will not allow his children to stay sad forever.

Like what I told my friend who lost her best friend last January: your memories with that person are the only ones that will continue to remind you of him/her. Even if they say 'time heals all wounds,' there will always come a day, when you're loneliest, that you'll think about your loved one. Let yourself sulk. Nobody is perfect. Nobody expects you to be totally over the person whom you lost. There will be days like that, even if it's 10 or more years after. Allow these days to happen and don't fight them. This is your way of knowing that you are still human and you once knew a special person that changed your life.

Image via SodaHead.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...