Pages

August 6, 2010

Use PAL's Barkada Flights Promo for Masskara 2010

I am a true Bacolodnon. I've been raised there all my life until I turned 20. Almost all of my friends are also from Bacolod. This is why when the opportunity comes knocking, I fly to Bacolod whenever I can.

Since it is now August, I know there are some who are already planning to go to Bacolod for the Masskara Festival. I was there last year and was able to witness how much our local fiesta has changed. Although I've always seen that the festival brings in a lot of tourists, I never expected that it would get better.

After not being able to go home for Masskara for the past 2 years, I was not able to witness the new developments of the fiesta. When I was back in high school and college, I remember going out to different bars with my friends and family members since there are a lot of parties. In addition, these parties were frequented by a lot of actors and actresses. I was able to meet Vhong Navarro, Tita Glow, and Drew Arellano back in Masskara 2004. I was even able to dance with Jhong Hilario in a bar called North. In the same year, I came up to Gwen Garci and asked her if my eldest brother could dance with her. She agreed but there was some *jerk who poured beer over my kuya so he left.

Me and Tita (Ate) Glow, Masskara 2004

Me and Danilo Barrios, Masskara 2004

Me and Drew Arellano, Masskara 2004

I even remember going out with my friends on the highlights of these days of the festival since there were a lot of parties. From my house, we would all go to a bar called MO2 using a tricycle and laugh all the way.

Mass Comm friends about to go out, Masskara 2005


Masskara 2006 (Enchi at MO2)

Those are memories that will never escape me. And even if I had the worst Masskara experience last year, this does not stop the fact that it is my favorite festival in the country.

Anyway, I was checking my Facebook today and discovered that PAL has a new promo called Barkada Flights. This promo is for those who will buy their tickets online and through their Mastercard credit card. For every 2 tickets purchased, they get 1 free.

The reason why I'm sharing this with you all is because I know how crazy the tickets for the Masskara season can be. If you've been wise and have booked your ticket as early as July, you will be able to get a roundtrip ticket for only P2,500 for the festival. But the closer you buy your ticket to the travel date, the more expensive and scarce plane seats will be. You can't even get an economy ticket below P5,000!

I know it's crazy. That's why I'm sharing with you all the link I found for the promo. Since I can't go home this year, I wish you all have a happy Masskara experience! :)

http://www.philippineairlines.com/special_offers/barkada/barkada.jsp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...