Pages

December 25, 2010

Miren. Satisfies Your Sweet Tooth

As I mentioned, I was shocked to discover that there are lots of new restaurants and cafes in Bacolod since my last visit in June. Throughout the duration of my holiday vacation in my hometown, I try to discover as much of these new establishments as I can. 

One of the new establishments that really caught my attention is a new cafe located in the area where the old The Gypsy Tea Room used to be. The new cafe, Miren., features delicious cakes, pastries, sundaes, paninis and pastas. 



Apart from the delicious dishes, the cafe is full of white decors and a mural of a pinkish hibiscus plant on one corner, a dragonfly on the other. 


Since they were celebrating Christmas, the centerpieces on each table was a ceramic Santa Claus figurine. I'm curious to know what they will be substituting them with after the holiday season. 
This makes me think Santa was held up by the tooth fairy :)

Upon arrival, Mimi, Cristel, and I headed straight to the displayed cakes. We couldn't decide what to order because everything looked so delicious! We wanted to try everything but that was bad for our pockets and our diets tummy too! In the end, we settled for different things...

the cakes on display
even the cupcakes looked delicious!
Cristel ordered the Vanilla Sundae which came on a hearty bowl topped with almonds, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, a cherry and a Stik-o stick. 

Vanilla Sundae, Miren.
(P60)
Mimi's order was a slice of the Strawberries and Cream cake which reminded me of Strawberry Shortcake. It was a chiffon cake sandwiched with a thin layer of strawberry sauce and topped with more strawberry goodness.

Strawberries and Cream, Miren.
(P70)
My order came last... a slice of Red Velvet Cake. I don't like chiffon cakes but this particular cake blew me away. I really liked it because it was not too sweet. My two other friends also liked my order so we decided to share.

Red Velvet Cake, Miren.
(P70)
All in all, I would return to Miren. and I would definitely recommend it to those who have a sweet tooth. Unlike the other pastry shops in Bacolod, the cakes here are good and not too sweet. Plus, they are reasonably priced!

Miren. is located at the Ground Floor of Lopue's Mandalagan Annex Building, Mandalagan St., Bacolod City. It is in the vicinity of Chicken House Mandalagan, Orange Gallery, and Cafe Joint. 

3 comments:

  1. yuuuuuum! the red velvet cake looks so yummy! :D

    plus i love the interior :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smarla, yup the red velvet cake was delicious! me too! i like the murals they put against the white wall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh this one is owned by my dear friend miren!! :) i cant wait to go back to bacolod to visit her store!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...