Pages

December 18, 2010

The Fresh Lumpia of Cakehouse Brings Back Memories of My Mom

One of the many things I always look forward to when I go home is getting to eat my favorite dishes. Most of these dishes are the ones that I have a fond memory of my childhood and my College years in Bacolod. On this blog post, I made my way to Robinson's Place Bacolod just to order the local favorite: Fresh Lumpia of Cakehouse.

Fresh Lumpia, Cakehouse
(P45)
If you are from Bacolod, Cakehouse is not a stranger to you. This pastry shop has been operating ever since I was born! I remember the main branch is in front of Lopue's Araneta. My fondest memories of this particular dish is that whenever we would go to the city (we lived in Sum-ag before), we always ate in Cakehouse. I think that was because the office of Saralee is just in the area and my mom was one of their top dealers. After doing her errands, she would treat me and Bubot to Cakehouse.


I remember my Mom would always order this dish and I would eat either the Spaghetti or the Birthday Cake (which I only ate the icing from). 

Fresh Lumpia, Cakehouse
(P45)

This dish reminds me so much of my mom. I miss her terribly. I'm excited to see her next week, although I don't know which exact day I will go to her grave... 

The original Cakehouse is across Lopue's Araneta, although I haven't checked if it is still there. To save yourself the trouble of going all the way downtown, just head over to the 3rd floor of Robinson's Place Bacolod and you'll find a stall of Cakehouse in the Food Court. Free Wi-Fi in Bacolod is in Robinson's Place Bacolod. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...