Pages

December 23, 2010

Have You Tried Ibus?

 I really miss eating Ibus or Suman. This native dish brings me memories of waking up each morning to the sound of a street vendor selling his native dishes. I used to wake up with Ibus available on our table. So when I woke up today and found a couple of Ibus dishes on our table, I was excited to eat the dish!


Unlike the suman being sold in Manila, Ibus is a simple dish of glutinous sticky rice. In Bacolod, we call it Ibus because suman is different from it. Even though the two are still made up of glutinous rice, they are different from each other. 

You can pair Ibus with refined sugar, brown sugar or Mascovado. I paired mine with Mascovado. 


I'm looking forward to eat Suman Latik next on my list of must trys!

1 comment:

  1. whenever i go home to the province, I always have ibus! :D saraaaaap! i also love suman with latik, lalo na kapag bagong gawa lang :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...