Pages

December 9, 2010

The Story of Terry + Janis

I love hearing about my mom and dad's love story. This lets me see my mom as she was when she was in her 20s and how she met my dad. Unfortunately, I never got to hear her side of the story because she died when I was just 11 years old. I only know some of my mom's lovelife through her friends and relatives who keep telling me about a certain business tycoon in our hometown, who tried to court her. I was able to meet the eldest son of that businessman a few years back, when we went out on a coffee date. ^,^ It felt weird and sweet that time. 

Even though I never got to hear my mom's POV, I always ask my dad to tell me their story every chance I get. Here is their story:

My dad had a crush on my mom, the moment he laid eyes on her (circa 1974). His dad asked him to pickup his relative from her dorm. Even though he was reluctant to do this, he decided to do what was asked from him. There, he saw my mom talking to his aunt. 

At first, he thought that my mom was already married. But that made him wonder, since he noticed that she was still too young and innocent. From that day on, my dad decided to go after my mom. 

At that time, my mom still had a boyfriend who she left in our hometown. She was studying in UP Diliman at that time and was staying in a boarding house in Katipunan. Meanwhile, my dad (the playboy that he was) could not forget about the girl he met. 

Ever since then, he continued visiting her in her boarding house. They were inseparable. They would see each other first time in the morning and would part late at night. The next day, my dad would return to her boarding house and spend time with her until it was time to leave. 

My mom eventually broke up with her boyfriend in the province because she fell in love with the strange chinito who caught her affection. 

One day, my lola (mom's mom) talked to my dad without her. Turns out, she did not like my dad for her daughter and wanted to bring her home. They were talking about eloping, while they were in their favorite place to date: Merced Bakeshop. They did not want to be separated from one another, so they decided to elope. 

On July 13, 1974, my dad met my mom on a newstand found in the corner of Aurora-Katipunan so they could finally be together. They rode the PanTranco bus to Baguio City

This was 45 days after the day they met. <3

Eventually of course, they were married (3 times) and they returned to their families. 



Beehive, Mom and Tina's
although this is not the exact Beehive from Merced, this was what they usually ordered in the famed bakeshop

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...