Pages

December 17, 2010

The New C's Cafe in Bacolod

I arrived in Bacolod City this Tuesday afternoon and rode the shuttle service to SM Bacolod to meet with my friend Mimi. She helped me carry my many luggage because I still needed to get my dog, Ponti, from my dad's house. 

After getting Ponti, Mimi and I decided to eat dinner someplace. We decided to eat at L'Sea, a local Chinese  (dimsum) restaurant which has been a local favorite for a decade or more.We ordered the rice topping dishes so I decided not to take a picture of it. One order of rice topping can cost between P65 to P90, the only thing that varies is the viand that comes with the rice. 

When the bill came, I was really shocked because our total bill for 2 rice toppings and 1 siomai was only P193! Compared to Manila, that's already the price of just one dish!

So after dinner, we decided to get dessert. Since Calea (another local favorite) was closed, we decided to try a new cafe which was only a couple of minutes walk from L'Sea. 

Ever since my last visit (June 2010), a lot has changed in Bacolod. There are new traffic lights, restaurants and people. I do not recognize most of the people who I am faced with. That's why I decided to just focus on the new restaurants. 

The new cafe, C's Cafe, is part of the Ciocon family franchise. The cafe is located just outside the newly renovated first class hotel. It faces the semi-busy Lacson street and has a quaint atmosphere to it. 

L'Fisher Hotel, Lacson St., Bacolod City
C's Cafe, Bacolod City
C's Cafe, Bacolod City
C's Cafe, Bacolod City
C's Cafe, Bacolod City
C's Cafe, Bacolod City
In C's Cafe, we ordered 2 dishes: a slice of Intense cake and Chocolate Truffle Cake. I got the Intense cake because it looked really intriguing to me. When it arrived on our table, I was surprised with the middle layer. Sesame seeds?! On a cake.... 

Intense Cake, C's Cafe
(P120)
Intense Cake, C's Cafe
(P120)
Intense Cake, C's Cafe
(P120)
Intense Cake, C's Cafe
(P120)
The top layer was a glazed mousse like consistency that tasted like mocha and coffee. The second layer was full of sesame seeds and the third layer was a cookie crust. I found the taste of sesame seeds on a cake strange but it was worth a try. I didn't get to finish it though since the serving was too big!

Intense Cake, C's Cafe
(P120)
Mimi got the Chocolate Truffle Cake. I got to taste it and it was a sweet moist chocolate cake. It was good but I found the chocolate icing too sweet. Plus with a serving that big, you would be giving yourself a heart attack!
Chocolate Truffle Cake, C's Cafe
(P90)
Chocolate Truffle Cake, C's Cafe
(P90)
Chocolate Truffle Cake, C's Cafe
(P90)
Chocolate Truffle Cake, C's Cafe
(P90)
Chocolate Truffle Cake, C's Cafe
(P90)

All in all, I found their cakes too sweet for my sweet tooth. I really liked the concept of the cafe though because it gave me a feeling that I was back in Manila. Plus, they have free Wi-Fi! For a minimum purchase worth P100, you can use their Wi-Fi already. Aside from the cakes being too sweet, I think their prices are a little too much for Bacolod. If they were in Manila, their prices would be perfect!

L'Sea is located in 14th Lacson Street, in the middle of Piazza Sorrento and L'Fisher Hotel. Just tell the taxi driver that you want to go to the L'Sea restaurant near these two establishments. There are other branches of this restaurant but this is the original branch. For reservations or inquiry, just call (034)434-2509.


After L'Sea, just walk to L'Fisher and you will find C's Cafe in the famed hotel's facade. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks @cookiespink :) watch out for my next blog posts. I found another cafe that has delicious cakes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...