Pages

March 9, 2011

Why I'm So Excited That It's Finally March

It's March! A few days to go before my whole world will have a complete re-vamping. I am so excited for the exciting things that this month has to offer. It's like this has been the moment I have been waiting for. I'm finally going to be alone. :)

For the longest time, I have always wanted to live on my own. I was just never permitted and didn't have enough money to do it. But now that my sister is getting married on the 25th (yes, this month too), I am finally living my dream! I am so happy because now I can finally be independent. Since I've chosen to move to Makati, who else should I feel like but none other than Sarah Jessica Parker's character in the hit TV series Sex and the City! For one, she's a writer and she's living in the big city. Although my taste and knowledge in fashion is not as deep as hers, it's still a rough imitation of life. 

Umm... no... this is Carrie Bradshaw's bedroom
if only I had a Mac already... 
Aside from this, I am going back to school. Yes, school. But not culinary arts--this will forever be a part of me that I can never get back. I mean, I still like to cook and experiment on new dishes. But as far as the stress involved with professional cooking, I'll pass thankyouverymuch. 

I will be starting school next week. It's just a short course on iOS Programming (e.g. learning how to create iPhone apps). It will last for the next 6 months. 

Another change that is going on with my life right now is that I have started meeting new guys. For those who can remember, the last time I dated was in 2009 and that did not end well. So this time, I'm still on the stage where I meet new guys of different culture, family and lifestyle backgrounds. I guess it's safe to say that I'm not playing around. I am just meeting new people. Period.

Also, I was very shocked to hear that Anywhere Philippines chose me to be their February Blogger of the Month. In line with this, I get to join them on a trip to Baler. SO EXCITED FOR THIS! 

Plus, just last week the DLSU-Writers' Guild asked me to be their guest speaker for their event called Nomnomnom Food Blogging Talk together with a friend blogger, Smarla (Everyday Sweet Notes). The event went really well. 
image c/o Smarla (Everyday Sweet Notes)
With all these changes, the one that I'm most excited about is the big move. One thing I'm not too keen on is the fact that I'll no longer have free Wi-Fi at home. I do have a postpaid Smart Bro Plug It. But I'm worried about my iPhone and iTouch. I still want to be able to download new games and chat with new people on Skout. Plus I want to my laptop to be free of any USB connections and cables. 

So this got me thinking... that this is the best time for me to subscribe to a personal broadband connection. Since I'm already using Smart Bro Plug It and I am thoroughly pleased with the connection I have been receiving, I think I should subscribe with them too. 

I am not only assured of the speed of their internet connection, I just discovered that it's the best time to get  a Smart Bro broadband connection because they have an ongoing promo called Smart Bro's Broadbandest Blowout.

If I subscribe to the SMART BRO Unlimited Home Broadband Plan 999 or 1995, I can get several freebies such as:
  • Free All-in-One HP Printer
  • Free Call & Texts with SMART Gold Lite Plan 300 for 6 months subscription
  • Free 1 Month Broadband Subscription
Since I'm sure of Smart Bro's consistency in surfing speed and stable signal, I will have no trouble submitting my work in time. I do have to think about it intently since this promo is only running from March 4-June 4, 2011.

Wish me luck guys! I'll be starting to haul my stuff to the new place tomorrow!





If you're interested in the SMART BRO Broadbandest Blowout promo, you can get more information by visiting your nearest SMART Wireless Center or any SMART BRO accredited agents. This promo is covered by the Per DTI-NCR Permit No. 1871, Series of 2011.

2 comments:

  1. congrats with your new independent life! :D sarah jessica parker of the Philippines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow naman Smarla! I'm so touched. :) di naman SJP... I can't afford her taste in shoes eh :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...