Pages

March 7, 2011

Stalker for a Day + High Tea at Shangri La Hotel

A couple of weeks ago, I woke up to a message from one of my bestfriends (Mimi) telling me that she wanted to meet with me. She was in town for this year's Super Junior Super Show 3 concert and was only staying for 3 days, 2 nights. Since there was no way we can meet on Saturday, I decided to spend the rest of my busy Friday with her and Angel. But because I already said yes to a Japanese guy for a lunch date, I decided to cut the date short and just meet with him some other time. [Sorry guys, my girls come first.]

with Mimi and Angel
with Mimi and Angel
So while I was having coffee with this guy, I asked my friends to meet me in Coffee Bean and Tea Life. I wanted to eat lunch before heading out with them but since they arrived early, I had no choice but to tag along. Mimi was with 2 of her other Sujusahoe group and they told me they were going to their friend who was staying at Makati Shangri La. At first I was a bit doubtful whether the guard would let them enter since they were wearing flip flops. [See, Bacolod people are fond of wearing flip flops everywhere] I already encountered my share of scrutiny from the hotel a couple of years back because we (my sister, dad and I) wanted to eat in the lobby. But because the host stared at us from head to toe, we weren't allowed to eat in the lobby because they 'did not allow rubber slippers in the lobby' and to think there were foreigners wearing flip flops. (sheesh!)

So I was really surprised when the guard let us all in. When we got to the lobby, I was even more surprised to find that it was full of young girls. They were all loitering in the lobby, staring at the entrance. That's when I understood I was in for a day of stalking.

Goofing around in Shangri La lobby
Angel
the infamous chandelier
we got bored waiting for SJ
Angel got tired
Super Junior stayed in the hotel. But even though we spent a good couple of hours standing in the lobby, we did not get a glimpse of them. I am not a fan of them and don't have anything against them but still, all the waiting got me pumped up. To add, I have not eaten breakfast nor lunch so I was a bit agitated. Since my friends did not want to move from their spot, I decided to eat in the hotel. [gulp.]

yes, those are the fan girls waiting for SJ
taking a picture of Mimi and her Sujusahoe friends
they met 2 foreigners who flew into the country just to watch SJ
The Japanese restaurant in the hotel was so expensive. Although I had money with me, I did not want to spend P700 for lunch when it was already 3pm. That's why I decided to have High Tea in the lobby instead.

Looking at their options, I decided to go with the Classic Afternoon Tea option because it had my favorite: SALMON!
Classic Afternoon Tea, Makati Shangri La
P530 **
with a teapot of Darjeeling tea
It was so good! I loved everything! It was worth every single cent! Even though it was expensive, it was great! I can't wait to have this again! :)
Raisin and Lemon Scones with clotted cream and homemade strawberry jam
Selection of finger sandwiches:
Goat's Cheese with watercress,
Baked salmon, dill mayonnaise on pumpernickel bread,
Roast beef, caramelized onion and seeded mustard aioli
Chocolate financier
Strawberry Tartlet,
Walnut Brownie,
Lemon Cheesecake
Salmon anyone?

The Classic Afternoon Tea was composed of:

Raisin and Lemon Scones
with clotted cream and home made strawberry jam

Selection of Finger Sandwiches:
Goat's Cheese and Watercress
Baked Salmon and Dill Mayonnaise on Pumpernickel Bread
Roast Beef, Caramelized Onion and Seeded Mustard Aioli

Chocolate Financier
Strawberry Tartlet
Walnut Brownie
Lemon Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...