Pages

March 4, 2011

SPARK Magazine's Launch Party

Last week, I got invited to be part of  Spark Magazine's launch. For those who can remember, I used to be part of Spark and was their Web Marketing Manager. With them, I was able to meet really cool people and discover talents I didn't know I had. This is why I am utterly grateful for the many blessings I have received even if I am no longer part of the magazine.

The event was held last February 23 at the showroom of Milano Residences in Pacific Star Building, Makati City. Being the early bird that I am, I was the 3rd to arrive. Even though I already entered the party at 6.10pm (invite said 6pm), it wasn't until 7.00pm when people started to arrive. It was really packed and full of glamorous people. Because I didn't know anyone in the early part of the evening, I just stood and observed the crowd. A few minutes later, I saw a familiar face: Nina Terol-Zialcita. I knew Nina from a Writer's Block Philippines seminar plus I supplied the photos on her article on the first issue of Spark.
A bit later, I saw another friend, Nicole Torres. I knew Nicole from  the first day I worked at Spark. She's still part of the magazine even though she is a student. I just love Nicole's sense of style plus her pictures! P.S. Nicole, you're my style icon (in case you didn't know that) but I just can't fit into the clothes you wear. :)

with Nicole Torres
As you all know, the EIC of Spark is none other than the ever gorgeous Carla Sibal. During the party, she was exceptional. She was beaming with joy, seeing all her friends and supporters. You can really tell she was excited for the grand things for the magazine.
Carla Sibal welcoming her guests
with Carla Sibal
Here is the gorgeous vixen, introducing the second cover girl: Cecile Zamora-Van Straten (Chuvaness) to the crowd.
Cecile Zamora- Van Straten (Chuvaness) and Carla Sibal
I saw another friend, Irish Degala (also from Spark). But she was busy manning the party. I got lucky I was able to take picture with her.

with Irish Degala
That night, I met a new friend who was featured on the first issue of the magazine. The ever famous John Lennon of the Philippines: Clementine. He's the singer for The Camerawalls.

with Clementine
It was a really great night. I was really happy that I got to meet new people and reconnect with my former magazine family.

My outfit for the event:

Dress: Fetish Couture
Bag: Cole Vintage
Shoes: Possibility


For more pictures of the party, please visit: http://sparkazine.com/

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...