Pages

February 1, 2011

Mami's Spareribs: Still at P40 Now and Then

A few years back, I dated a guy who was from Manila. I told him about my hometown-- the perks of being raised in Bacolod and how life was for us. Hearing about the restaurants that completed my past, he wanted to try one of them. Especially the one where you can eat a meal for only P40.

Too bad he never got to try this. ^p^

Back when I was in College, my daily allowance was only P100. Some might think that P100 is already a big sum (for Bacolod) but actually, it's just right. See, I had to commute to school and to go home. I also had to buy my own lunch. When my dad gave me a car (I was the only woman who drove a Multi-cab to Lasal, beat that!), I still had to pay for my fuel. Plus I had to buy load and stuff. So really, P100 was not enough. That's why I avoided the expensive restaurants (yeah, they're not so expensive now) and went with my friends to the carinderias located throughout the vicinity of my school.

One of these establishments, Mami's, was most memorable to me. I remember that for lunch, all of my friends would meet up here. Even though the carinderia had long tables that people needed to share, it didn't matter. I loved the fact that if one of us got lost and didn't have load, we'd all just go to Mami's and we'll find each other there.


Mami's Spareribs
P40

Aside from that, I liked the Sisig and Spareribs of Mami's. Even if we ate her spareribs all the time, we never seem to tire of it. And yes, for only P47, you already get Spareribs, rice, and Mountain Dew.

So when I came home last month, I made it a point to visit Mami's. I can't believe she still recalled my friend (Jesna) and I as among her first clients. Mami's just moved to a bigger location (across the street) but she still has affordable meals!

 



Mami's Place is located in the back of Jollibee USLS branch, Bacolod City. You won't miss it because it's the small rounded corner where lots of Lasallians flock to during a school day. If you won't see students, you'll find med reps!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...