Pages

February 8, 2011

Nasi Lemak for My Chinese New Year Celebration

Sorry I haven't been blogging as much. I had a friend who came to Manila so I helped him go around the city. Anyway, I was supposed to blog about Nasi Lemak as my Chinese New Year post but I guess now I'm late. Still, here goes..


I first heard of Nasi Lemak in Facebook. Since I was a fan of trying out new things, I made sure I'd get to eat in this restaurant the next time I was in Galleria. True enough, my dad went there for a meeting and I tagged along. After his meeting, I was very pleased that Nasi Lemak was just beside Krispy Kreme (where I stayed) so I got to invite him to eat there.

The good thing about Nasi Lemak was that it was healthy, delicious, and Singaporean! Although the dishes we ordered were more Thai than Singaporean, it was still worth a shot.

Tom Yum Seafood Soup
The first dish we ordered was the Tom Yum Seafood Soup. I found it very refreshing, considering the fact that it had a spicy kick to it. I liked how the squid was cooked because it was not too hard and elastic. I think it was the perfect first course dish!

Tom Yum Seafood, Nasi Lemak
P 268

Hainanese Chicken
The Hainanese Chicken was okay. I didn't really like it that much because it did not have a lot of flavor to it. But since it was served with three different types of sauces, I guess that's where the flavor needs to come from. I think it was good for my dad though because it was healthy.

Hainanese Chicken, Nasi Lemak
P 200 (medium)

Stir Fried Kangkong with Baichan
The dish that blew me away! I really like eating Kangkong and it was refreshing to find that Nasi Lemak had a kangkong dish that was very good. I really liked the sauce that it came with-- Baichan. I used to eat Kangkong with Oyster Sauce but now that I've discovered Baichan, I might have to reconsider this. I finished this dish by myself! Good, healthy, and filling!
Stir Fried Kangkong with Baichan, Nasi Lemak
P 200 (medium)
 So there you go. Healthy, good and guilt-free Singaporean food. Perfect for anyone on a diet! As for the price, it wasn't cheap but they weren't expensive either. I think they were just right. ^,^

Nasi Lemak Authentic Singaporean Restaurant is located at the 2 Level East Lane, Robinsons Galleria, EDSA cor. Ortigas Avenue, Quezon City. For inquiry or reservations, call 02-571 8988.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...