Pages

February 14, 2011

My First Attempt to Ride a Bike: FAIL!

Last Sunday, I was supposed to meet my fellow food bloggers for a lunch we've been planning for a week already. But because I slept at 2am Saturday and accompanied my brother ride his bike, my body gave up and is now taking it's toll on me. Even work today has been affected. I have not been able to do as much articles as I initially promised, which really annoys me. I hope I get better soon!

Anyway, I rode tried to ride a bicycle again at the Fort Bonifacio Mountain Bike Trail. Still, to no success. I really have a difficult time learning how to ride a bike. Even though my brother let me borrow his gear, I was still unable to get the bike to move. Every time I pedaled and attempted to lift my left foot onto the pedals, I would fall down. It came to a point where I was annoyed with the bike because it kept hitting my Achilles' heel.

So much for attempting to ride a bike.

Instead of riding a bike, I ended up walking a total of 3-4 kilometers wearing complete gear and with a bike in tow. It felt like such a strenuous workout even if I did not ride the bike. I also ended up being my brother's photographer and took some pictures as he did some stunts. I still do have to improve my shots though.




Wait till you see his 7 year old son, my nephew Nathan! Too bad he didn't join us yesterday.

Unfortunately, my brother did not photograph me wearing the complete bike gear. :( Maybe next time, when I have another spontaneous idea of learning how to ride a bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...