Pages

January 7, 2011

Bacolod Burgers: Hungry Pete's

When I was still living in Bacolod, the only places you could get burgers were from McDonald's, Jollibee, and KFC. If you wanted to eat really good burgers, you would have to spend big on restaurants that offer them such as Bob's and Pendy's. That's why I was shocked when I returned home and found that there are now lots of burger stands that have been competing against each other. All these burger stands keep competing on which one has the bigger burger patty and which one is more delicious.

To be fair, I only got to taste one of these burger establishments. I still have to try Tio Sid's and Crave Burger but I'm afraid I'm running out of time and space for my stomach. If I could just spend another week in Bacolod with a budget for these restaurants, I would gladly eat and eat. But well, I have to return to reality, like most of you reading my blog.

Hungry Pete's menu
Hungry Pete's stall
So anyway, I got to try Hungry Pete's last week and found it good. I couldn't finish one serving because the order was too big (for me!). I ordered the Combo 1 which consisted of a burger, french fries and a drink (in can). One order cost P150 and the size of the burger could equal the plain Brother's Burger.

Combo #1, Hungry Pete's
(P150)
I didn't find anything different with Hungry Pete's though. In fact, I think they could still add something to their taste to add more oomph and yum! But for the price and the size of the burger, I found it fair. I think I still have to try the two other burger stalls so I could determine which one is better.

We also ordered Chicken Fingers which, again, disappointed me. I think this is because my friend, Jesna, told me too much about the food and I had high expectations about it already.

Chicken Fingers with Fries, Hungry Pete's
(P120)
Oh well. Like I said, I have to try the other burger joints to make a good decision on where it's best to eat.

Hungry Pete's is a stall located on the Ground Floor of Piazza Sorrento, Lacson St., Bacolod City. If you want to go there, just tell the taxi driver to take you to Sorrento. By jeepney, just ride either Mandalagan-Libertad or Bata-Libertad going north and you can get off in front of Mayfair Plaza. Sorrento is just across it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...