Pages

June 26, 2011

Dreaming White, Alpine White

What's your favorite chocolate bar?

If there's one favorite memory I have of my mom, it's when she would bring home boxes full of different kinds of imported chocolates. She would buy them from her supplier and resell them at a cheaper price. I remember going through her stash and picking out my favorite chocolate bars every time a new box would arrive. Among the chocolate bars that I would get included Maltesers', Alpine White, and Violet Crumble. That was around 1994.

Violet Crumble

Out of the 3 of them, only 1 is available in the market today-- Maltesers'. I have been on a long quest to taste my favorite chocolates-- Alpine White and Violet Crumble. Ever since those days, I have never been able to taste my 2 favorite chocolate bars ever again. I've even asked some of my friends from the US to ship me some Alpine White chocolate. Unfortunately, they couldn't find it there either.

This blog post does not have any good news to people who are just like me. Sadly, our quest for Alpine White will forever be a battle that we cannot win. As long as Nestle keeps stopping the production of this chocolate bar, we'll all have to settle with Hershey's Cookies and Cream chocolate. I don't have anything against it, but certainly-- it's no Alpine White.

The top contender that can make up for my craving for this orgasmic chocolate bar-- Milka.
Milka White Chocolate

Like you guys, all I have left is a memory of Alpine White, its aroma, and this commercial I found. A footnote: did you know there are no pictures of Alpine White (the chocolate bar) available online?


Sweet dreams you can't resist
N-E-S-T-L-E-S
A dream as sweet as this
N-E-S-T-L-E-S
Dreaming white, Alpine White
Nestle makes the very best
N-E-S-T-L-E-S
Sweet dreams... you can't resist....


Sigh.

P.S. Did you know there's a Facebook page to Bring Back Nestle Alpine White Bars? Who knows, maybe Nestle will listen to us this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...