Pages

June 9, 2011

Laptop Locks at CBTL: They're so Useful!

When I first found out that The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf had laptop locks, I thought that it was just about time. I knew that there are some Starbucks branches that also offer locks for laptops. But they were only limited and you'd have to be lucky to have one. You have to approach the guard and ask to borrow a laptop lock so you can leave your laptop on your table and not have it stolen by anyone.


I'm sure you've seen this around

So when I found out that CBTL had a number of these in every branch, I thought that it was very fortunate. Especially since I'm a huge fan of CBTL. (Reasons why I love CBTL here), I thought that it was really thoughtful of them to have this for their prized customers.

I love to work in cafes. However, I have a poor stomach when it comes to drinking strong coffee or tea. I think it has to do with dairy or just the tea leaves but I really have to rush to the restroom after a few minutes of sitting on my table. Since it's so hard to find an empty table near a power socket, I find it such a waste if I leave my table without finishing work or even my order. I find this so true, especially if I just got to my table with my order.

Well, now that CBTL has laptop locks, I'm so happy that I can just leave my laptop on my desk and go to the restroom. Since I'm usually alone in cafes, this is a huge bonus. Anyone who can relate to me will know that this is a really huge help!

Yep, that's alongside my Smart Bro plug it
So when I was in a CBTL branch a few months ago, I was very excited to try using the laptop lock on my own laptop. I asked the barista if I could borrow one and she asked me for an ID. She then handed me a silver cable with a lock attached to it. It was my first time to use it so I was confused how to attach it to my laptop. I had no idea what to do with it so I swallowed my pride and asked the help of the barista.

Step 1: Look for the hole on your laptop where there is a T shaped connection




In my case, it was on the right side of my Compaq Presario laptop.

Step 2: Wrap the cable around your table's neck




You don't need to tie a know on the cable as it is already provided.

Step 3: Attach the other end of the cable on your laptop




Once you've attached it on your laptop, twist the key until you can remove the lock easily.

Step 4: You can leave your laptop and do your business :)




I hope you guys will be able to figure it out compared to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...