Pages

October 20, 2010

The Best Eats in Bacolod

Since Masskara 2010 just ended, I reposted my list of the best eats in Bacolod. I compiled this list a year after I moved to Manila. I had to save my time before I could upload it because I did not have pictures yet. If you only know about the infamous Inasal, you have not truly experienced the best of Bacolod. Why? Read on below...


It may be because I practically lived in Bacolod my whole life but for me it's still the best place to grow up in. Being in Manila for nearly a year now has been a roller coaster ride filled with joyful moments, depressing memories and of course new adventures lurking just behi nd every corner. Nothing compares to the thrill of living in Manila and all of the endless possibilities that life can offer. Well.. that is.. almost nothing. Only if there were still s ome more to add to this almost perfect city.

Here is a list of the things in Bacolod that I crave for the most. If they may be already here in the city, I haven't encountered them yet and would like to do so. If only they were here, then Manila would feel just like home:

1. Bob's Bulalo Steak and Sate Babi-Imagine your ordinary bulalo soup but this time on a sizzling plate. Hot and so tender. Yummy... For the Sate Babi, pork barbecue topped with Peanut Butter sauce. Bob's specialty since 1940s.

2. Ericka's Cup's Very Berry Sundae (too bad they closed already)- definitely very berry. Vanilla and Strawberry sundae topped with Blueberries, Strawberries and Raspberries.. A sinful delight in every spoon! Better than sex. Hehehe. (You know the saying that Chocolate and Ice Cream are two items that we can all live without but we simply just can't resist? And that those two delightful desserts are comparative to sex in that way?)

3. Pepe's Dynamite Sticks- oozing with mozarella cheese with a touch of spice. Bursts in your mouth! A perfect appetizer or pulutan!

4. Kaisei's Chicken Teppan, Unagi Terriyaki, Sukiyaki- imagine the taste of Manila's Tempura Restaurant with the same price range but with the perfect high class ambiance... This is Kaisei. Everyone's favorite Japanese restaurant in Bacolod.

5. Gypsy Tea Room's Garlic Cheese Dip, Smoked Cheese Dip, Chocolate Fondue, Raspberry Tea Shake, Negros Coffee- looking for a place to chillout with the company of friends? Gypsy's is the perfect place. Occassionally they have live performances from various artists. You can also hold your poetry sessions in the venue. Gypsy's is the perfect "tambayan" for the budding artist. It surely is a place to inspire. They also have Card/Palm Reading, Henna/Permanent Tattoo, and items for sale. Their furniture are made of throw pillows and sofas. The Gypsy Tea Room is located in Level 1, Piazza Sorrento Bldg., Lacson St., Bacolod City

6. Kuppa's Wimpy's Burger, Pesto Pasta, Minestrone Soup- Their Wimpy's Burger is the perfect burger with cheese and mushroom sauce. Such a wonderful delight! A perfect view of St. John's Institute.

Wimpy's Burger

7. Nene's Spareribs, Burger Steak, Sisig- located across USLS-IS, it brings back memories of my childhood years. With a budget suited perfectly for the budding student, it would be perfectly alright to buy two heaping servings.

8. Pendy's Corned Beef Saucer and Pendy's de luxe Sandwich- Everyone has a certain place that will remind them of their childhood. For me, it's Pendy's. It brings back memories of my younger years when my mom was still alive. Pendy's is an old time favorite of my family. My mom was their number 1 customer. I will never forget the goodness of their tasteful delights...

Pendy's De Luxe
9. Bar 21's Batchoy and Crispy Crablets- I enjoy eating in restaurants that will remind me of my past. Bar 21 is another favorite of my family. It has been a witness of my life. Since I was a young girl dining in the restaurant after my class in Christian Academy of Bacolod, when I partied with my friends at age 13, and until I sat outside Cafe Bob's Lacson and tried to sketch the newly renovated Bar 21 at age 20. It's something I would definitely look forward going home to.

21 Restaurant's Kare-Kare

10. L'sea's Beef Brisket and Shrimp Rolls- Chinese cuisine at its best. Affordable too!
L'sea Shrimp Balls

L'sea Beef Brisket
11. Calea's Cream Puff- Anyone knows how famous Calea cakes are. Even people from Manila have heard of Calea. Do try their cream puff for a change.

Calea's Cream Puff

(L-R) Triple Chocolate Mousse, Ice Cream Cake, Chocolate Cake
12. Bascon Cafe's Bubba Cake- Another delicious delicacy. Bascon Cafe also offers a wide range of food plus its homey atmosphere. Perfect for laid back attitudes of the Bacolodnon.

Babba Cake, Black Sambo, Decadent Cake by Bascon Cafe
13. Vienna Kaffehaus' Sausages and Blackout Cake- Definitely try the cake guys. It's like nothing you've ever tasted before. It's my favorite cake by the way. And sadly, I haven't had a taste of this wonder in years. Will somebody in Bacolod please send me a whole cake? I'll refund the expenses, I swear!

That completes my list. If you've got anything to add, feel free to do so using the reply form below.

2 comments:

  1. vienna's closed already. it's been replaced by another resto ( i forgot the name). You should try Kimstaurant,a new Korean resto located at Mayfair's second floor. Their spicy galbi jimm is soooo tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Mia! wow, that's sad news. i really love their blackout cake :( there's none like it (or i haven't tasted one like it yet) sure! i'll try that when i go home this december :) i'll be food tripping to update my blog :) thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...