Pages

April 11, 2011

Out With the Old, In With the New

Life has been such a huge change for me. That's why I have not been blogging as much as I promised to. It is exactly a month since I have moved out of our home in Paranaque and moved to a condo unit I rented out in Makati. Life has been good the past month. I have been busy, rewarded, and continuously challenged. Regardless, the past month has just given me a look at how my life will be like for the next few months.

Although I've been loving my first month of being independent, it has also been making me feel sick. Lately, my health issues have started again and everyone around me says it's because I am overworking myself. Aside from being the ONLY writer for a certain SEO company, I have also been engaging myself in iOS Development classes (1.5 hours every Tues and Thurs), the blog manager for someone influential, General Manager for a Thailand based magazine, and the EIC for an upcoming yuppie magazine, EPIC. Just recently though, a guy friend invited me to join him in his diving adventures and sweet talked me into the underwater world. So yes, I decided to join. I will be starting scuba diving classes on Thursday.

With all the things I'm doing, it's still not giving me time to rest and earn extra money. Right now, all my earnings have been designated to cover fees, bills and whatnots. So I'm really working hard to make sure I meet the minimum requirement I need to earn every week.

Unfortunately, the past few days have been difficult for me. I have been waking up with cold shivers that I can no longer manage. Last Saturday, I had unbearable palpitations and could not even stand having the air from an electric fan. This got me thinking that I should take time to rest. Even though I am torn between what I should give up, I know that I have to give up something greater. For now, I am giving up iOS Development classes simply because it is putting too much stress on me right now. For one, I do not understand the language being used and it is putting a toll on what I know. Also, I do not own a Mac and it is so difficult to understand everything we are doing without a Mac. This is also pressuring me because I know I need to buy a Mac soon, but just like I said: I do not have the budget for it right now. To this, I decided I will take the second batch of iOS Development students so I can have enough time to buy a Mac.

This decision really saddens me because people might think I am giving up once again. But to be honest, I really am not. I am just taking a break because everything is too huge for me right now. I'm afraid if I don't, I will collapse and turn into a lazy turtle. That will be such a shame.

This is what happens if I burn out
Anyway, that's an update on my life right now. Sorry guys if I haven't had time to blog the past month but I hope after today, I can make time for it. Now that  we've got a new magazine, I'm hoping you guys will watch out for it and support it. :)

To this I leave with the saying:

"What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...