Pages

April 20, 2011

4 Tips for Living On Your Own-- Keeping House

So it's been a month since I decided to move out and be independent. The whole month has been a roller coaster ride--sometimes sad, at times fun, but mostly super busy. I have been filling my free time every chance I get so I don't end up having a sad time thinking that I'm really alone. Aside from work, I occupy my time with school (which I decided to take a break from), exercising, work and more work. The free time I have I usually spend with my friends or family. When I don't feel like it, I would spend time on my own instead.

Lately, one of the things that has helped me deal with the stress is doing household chores-- cooking, cleaning, and buying groceries. With this, I've decided to share some of the few things that I've learned on my own:

1. Don't store garlic and onion in one container.
They grow and cultivate and this reminds me of our science experiments back in grade school.

2. When washing dishes, JOY Ultra Hand Care with Vitamin E will be your best friend!
I really like using it  because it does not roughen my hands after washing dishes. It feels like you just put on lotion after you washed your dishes.
This will always be part of my grocery list!

3. Mr. Muscle is wonderful!
I first learned about how good Mr. Muscle is through a friend. She swore that it would be able to remove stains and promised it will work great. So I decided to try it on a shoe stain on my tiled floors. I just sprayed it on the the stain and wiped it with tissue paper. TA-DA! The stain was gone!
Mr. Muscle, you are now the only man allowed to enter my home!
4. When buying groceries, stick to your list!
Remember the tip that people have left for those who want to go grocery shopping? Never buy grocery when you're hungry and always stick to your list. Well, those two tips are true. Unless, you want to end up spending P2,000 minimum every week!

So far, those are some of the things I've learned living alone. :) Will keep adding more as soon as there's new learning involved. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...