Pages

January 27, 2010

Babies... Babies Everywhere

Kimmy and I dorking around
And so I'm back from my 4 days trip back to my hometown, Bacolod City. It was supposed to be a break and also a business trip but instead, it turned out to be a trip full of meeting new babies.

First of all, I met Angel's nephews: Kimmy and Kalen. Then I got to meet Mimi's new brother, King. Lastly, I was able to play with Jake, Tricia's baby boy, before I headed back to Manila.

This then struck me as how things are gonna be from now on. Before, we used to talk about boys or anime or books, now my friends and I talked about babies. Especially the babies in our lives. And while I just sat there listening to their stories, I couldn't help but think to myself how much we've all matured.
Jake, Mimi and I 
Each of my best friends were talking about the babies in their lives and kept comparing one over another while I sat and ate my food in silence. I didn't know how to butt in. Although I've had my fair share of baby stories, I didn't want to occupy the time I have with my friends with these stories. I'm more interested to know how my friends have been after all these months. Even if that meant sitting through a whole lunch listening to them talk about babies.
Mimi, Jake, Tricia, Me, Angel
Friends since High School
Well, that's one thing about me which you'll never hear about.

Don't get me wrong. I like babies. But they're not exactly my favorite. And I don't have any plans of having one at all. This has long been my decision which people think is stupid. But I have decided strongly against it.

I'd rather have a new dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...