Pages

February 7, 2010

Goodbye Suki

Suki at 2 months old
Everyone who knows me knows I am such a big dog lover. And for them, it's no surprise that I took home a new dog the moment I laid my eyes on her. This happened last August 2009. I was planning to buy a dog so that I could have a pet of my own once again. One moment I was in the office, telling my sister that I would go to a place to check out a dog. But when I returned, I was already carrying a Labrador puppy. I named her Suki, after Anna Paquin in True Blood.

Suki at 3 months old
I love Suki. I would even take her with me when I went to QC one day. She would wear diapers so that she wouldn't make a mess. Aside from that, she even came along to an out of town trip in Laguna.

Sadly though, just a month after I bought her, she grew bigger immediately. Maybe it was because of the food that I was giving her and she was healthy. Maybe it was because I was too busy on other things that I didn't notice my dog growing so big.

What I did notice though was she was so playful. This is why I got her trained at Aszook9. It was two months worth of training but still, Suki was too playful for me. I couldn't even give her a bath anymore 'cause she always knocks the wind out of me. Also, I felt really sorry for always locking her up in her cage. I can't let her out 'cause she keeps on jumping on everyone.

Suki at 5 months old
This is why I decided to sell her or have her adopted.

I posted it on Sulit.com.ph and I got tons of inquiries right away. I even had offers to swap Suki for a Lhasa Apso, Nokia Cellphone, Mp3 players, Hedgehog, Mynah Bird and a lot more. But what really caught my attention was this guy who wanted to swap Suki for a Miniature Poodle. He said he's going to use Suki for Autistic kids.

Last night, I officially said my goodbye to Suki. And though she looked at me with her puppy eyes looking like she was sad, a part of me felt free. Even though it was a sad event, Suki would be happier with them. She would have lots of time to play not compared with me that she's always locked up. I feel guilty about locking her up but it's for her own good.

Suki and her new owner rode a bus to Tarlac and a rented van to Baguio last night. I just got word that they have arrived in Baguio and that Suki was behaving well. I'm happy for Suki. It just saddens me that there are no longer puppy eyes staring at me whenever I take a peek in her cage when I arrive home in the wee hours of the day.

Ponti, my new dog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...